So I have many moments where I feel like my brain doesn't function like it used to. Granted two childrens and stress will do that to you but lately I go through periods where I feel overly sluggish. So I was having a conversation with a co-worker about that. They said they were going to try Ginko Bilboa.
I just can't justify taking a supplement if I'm not even doing the basic correct things to take care of myself (get enough sleep, eat right, and exercise). And I said that to my co-worker. In periods of stress I am so opposite what I preach or would like to be, but I can't help it. It's the easy route - like taking something to make my mind better versus just sleeping enough... So anyway - will it work if I really try to make an effort rest, eat better and exercise?
Why is it so hard for me to stop and finally go to sleep. I'm working on that one but really - it's getting old.
But I am going to try. Major stresses are down. We are in the zone. Sunday starts my revolution. Hoping I can hold myself to it for the sake of my .... sanity... I do need to pull the tv out of the bedroom. Damn Bravo and Food Network - they totally take too much of my time!
I took the TV out of the bedroom a long time ago. I really do believe in the theory that you should just sleep in bed - that way, when you lay down, you go to sleep faster. Including reading in bed (although I have trouble with that one the most - I do try to read on the couch). Getting enough sleep will make the rest of your day better, easier, and happier, thus is more important than anything else (laundry, TV, cleaning).
ReplyDeleteAlso, I've found only commiting to one change at a time makes it easier to make changes to your life. If you don't worry about anything but getting enough sleep (or like me, eating breakfast), you'll get to the point after a month or so where you'll just naturally get tired and need that much sleep and it will become natural to just do every day.
So I should just try and get enough sleep. I will move the tv out of my room today. I want a reading nook - but maybe I should just read on the couch. I agree, keeping the bedroom more clear. Okay - I totally just went ADD. You said one thing... I can do one thing... SLEEP. I think that is the first most important thing. :0)
ReplyDelete