Thursday, November 4, 2010

Couch to 5K

I'm trying to figure out the things that are missing in my life that would make my life easier. I've narrowed it down to two major items: sleep and exercise. I know I need both, but have a really hard time actually accomplishing these things. I read about how important sleep is... when I should be sleeping, but it's hard to get me to settle down. So what would help me to settle down? Exercise.

So I'm starting a new plan. Inspired by Gracie, Meme and another former co-worker I've got to start exercising again. My only problem is that I have to do it before work. But oh well - I can at least get the time in and not stress.

So I found a free podcast - whoo hoo! Couch to 5K. I like it because their is no music but he just tells you at the time intervals to walk or run. I made it this morning! 4am alarm - but motivated to go. So I got up and asked the puppies who wanted to walk and they both did! Ares normally goes in his crate and lies down. I don't know who needed the 60 second jog 90 sec. walk interval more - me or Ares. At 55 seconds towards the end, he would plant his feet and stop. 115 pounds of stopping is quite severe. And he was totally spooked by leaves or plants blowing - don't tell anyone he's a 115 lbs baby.

Anyway - we did it! 5K this morning and crunches and push up done! It's 5am and I'm going to get ready to start my day!!! WHOO HOO - okay we'll see how excited I am after a week of this. But I'm going to stick to it!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, you always take everything to the next level! I'm WAY more impressed that you got up at 4 AM to exercise than that you actually exercised. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete