So grocery shopping, should be fun, should be enjoyable. I am going to start embracing this quiet time more - or try to. I guess I feel like it's a task that I'm required to do (because the kids will starve and all that jazz if I don't) but I should switch my train of thought and really try to enjoy it.
Well I tried to identify the nagging part of it.. and I've discovered it. It's coming up with the meal plan, the list, and all that. So - with dear hubbies suggestion - I've come up with a two week alternating menu that I'll update each season. Because pretty much our intake changes based on the weather. I made out two full week meal plans, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and the supporting grocery list to go along with each week! I'm so EXCITED!!! Now I just print my list, cross of what I don't need, add any staples from my list on the fridge we ran out of, and go!
No more time wasted, thinking, pondering, fretting over if the kids will like it. I had them each tell me two meals they would like, one for each week. So I'm looking forward to it. I even made sure we have at least one fruit/veggie with each meal. So in an effort to be happy - this just totally boosted my general level because Groceries are no longer a stress! Whoo hoo!
Sounds like a good plan. Basically what I do, except I cook much less than you!
ReplyDelete