So I've gone through my first full week in the new year and I feel it's time to assess, adjust, and realign. For one, I needed to reread the first chapter in The Happiness Project to to refocus. Well I skimmed the parts I needed. I still felt like even though I wrote down my resolutions they are the same old things I always do and one week in I still have the self control of a three year old (as I sit here and type while eating my peanut butter and chocolate Hagen Daas - why did they have to come out with that flavor!!!!).
But I have to say - I had fun today. I got good laughs in, had down time with kids, got to play and host dinner with some great friends. Although all day I have been thinking how to lay this out better for me. The biggest thing I have learned this week is sleep is the new sex. I went to bed by 8:30-9 M-Th and was really gaining clarity. Then Thursday hit - Grey's - I had to stay up. Oh my Lord - it was awesome, but I was so exhausted Friday - it wasn't worth it. Not one bit. I don't have Tevo or a DVD so I'll have to work another way around it, but the reality is I LOVE one of my new resolutions (#2. Go to bed on time 8:30 lights out!). It's my new best friend.
So inspired by Witty I'm going to post my updated January resolutions by subject groups:
HEALTH AND FITNESS -
-Follow TYT to the best I can without loosing my happiness
-Exercise 3 times a week in the morning
WORK
-Focus on what I can do
FAMILY
-Bike ride with the kids at least 2 times a week
DECLUTTER
-Clean out all closets (we have 5)
So I guess this blog has taken a different turn, though still in the light of being a healthy Momma. I have to find my happiness place - I was thinking of changing from Eyia Momma (Healthy Momma) to the Greek version of Happy Momma.... but I don't think Eftychismenos Momma is as catchy...
Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a good week! good for you on making the changes to fit your life instead of making yourself unhappy to find happiness....
ReplyDeleteGreat job! What's TYT? Also, I don't have a TV at all - watch all my shows on the computer. All the ABC ones, including Grey's, are on hulu.com, usually posted by the next day. I just watch on my laptop in bed, or hook my computer up to a screen and watch like TV. Free and on whenever you want, except for the show that have only the last 5 episodes posted. You have to stay current within at least 5 weeks, I guess. Still ... way better than having to watch TV when it's on. There are still commercials but wayyyy fewer than broadcast.
ReplyDelete