So my next mission has been to remove the artificial ingredients and preservatives from our diets. Don't get me wrong, I'll totally have a Snickers and KitKat moment, but in general, I am working to having the main items in our house more natural.
So with that my next rule.
Rule Number Two: If you can't pronounce it or don't know what it is, it shouldn't go in your body.
This is an awesome rule when trying to explain to your 2nd (or 1st) grader why they can't have the Little Debbies. I've told TomTom if he can read the ingredient list then we can buy it. He will start cracking up at trying to read the list and just put up the item. It's really funny. He's now on a mission at the store to find ones he can read - just to say he found some.
So it's a fun and easy way to teach the kids as well as end the fights. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment