Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happiness Review

Attempting the Happiness Project was inspiring but overwhelming. I don't know that I made it past the second chapter. But I do like where it was heading. I have kept my resolutions up on the wall all year and over the year have changed and modified them. I will post my new resolutions at the end of December.

It's been a really hard year, harder than I imagined, but has put me on a new path which involves a lot of soul searching, redefining, and slowing down. I am working on a whole new level of happiness that starts inside me. My reserves and foundation are broken, but I'm learning how to rebuild and restore them. Interestingly enough, it starts with taking care of myself. Self-care, not self-indulgence, but care. Something I have completely neglected over the last 8 years. You know the basic theory is the same as when you are on an airplane. When the oxygen masks deploy place it over your mouth and nose first, then your child. I'm excited about this - my favorite new person/website/blog is this:

http://www.reneetrudeau.com/

This has and is changing my life. For the greater good of myself and family and luckily dear hubby is totally okay with all of it. I'm on my journey already - anyone interested in going with me?

1 comment: