Saturday, April 17, 2010

First Post

With loosing my past blog over the last few years, it's taken me a while to figure out what I wanted to do. I miss blogging - the whole FB world has really taken away from blogging. I like how a lot of my friends now have a subject they are blogging on rather than the day to day. So I figured I would join that wave.

We are now over the halfway mark with my hubby going back to school. 1.5 years ago we went down to one income and he went back to college. So in order to make this happen we had to tighten our purse straps across the board. We reduced our grocery bill to less than $100 a week. I scoured the adds, used coupons, and bought the deals. With that I noticed a big change in the types of products we were purchasing. The foods were full of artificial ingredients, processed and the not so healthy meats.

After over a year of this, I've had enough. I really don't want my kids pumped full of the unnatural things. Not that we don't all need our Oreo's or Doritos every now and then, but in general I want to do better for them. So this is my new blog.

How to have a healthy, quick and convenient life style on a budget. To be able to share with others what I'm thinking, get feedback and to keep a journal for myself. Mainly too because I need to write these things down so I won't forget...

I'll set out my rules as I go (I've got a few scheming) and let you know how it's going. It will at least be fun for me.

Rule Number One:
Don't purchase anything where the ingredient list is over 1.5 inches long

I've been doing this for a while now. Like I said earlier - I still will give in and just get the whatevers, but in general - try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment